Monday, December 26, 2011

the day after Christmas




Huge thanks to Becca Howell Photography! Al was about 1 month old.
Sitting on the couch, as usual, but this time it's the day after Christmas and a beautiful 7 week old sleeps on my shoulder. Well, my mom just took her for me, but you get the idea. I'm wearing a stunning new locket from Phil that holds a picture of Audrey from the hospital and one of him holding her. He totally spoiled me again - and I'm okay with it. Our hope is that the locket becomes somewhat of an heirloom piece that stays with the family(granted that Audrey doesn't yank it off my neck).

Mom and Dad stayed with us for her first month and were SO helpful. They gave me nap breaks, made fantastic meals and endless pots of coffee, walked Harvey, brought home fresh pastries and the newspaper each morning... all very much appreciated! Of course, they're in love with her and enjoy all the time spent with her in her early days.

Every week is something new... she's holding her head up more, making more noise, kicking her legs, nursing well and does great on walks and outings. I have yet to break out the boob in public - maybe in time.

We had a lovely Christmas: opened stockings at home before heading to Andy and Jen's. Elinor, quite literally, squealed with the opening of each of her gifts. And, I'm pretty sure that everything Sophie received was penguin-related. Add some Boston Terrier slippers and pajama pants for me and you have a spectacular holiday.

Today also marks six years since we lost Melinda. All my love and prayers go out to the Mills.

No comments:

Post a Comment